Newton Collins Elementary School is nestled in the Easton Park neighborhood near the Pilot Knob Volcano. The land previously belonged to the Collins family, and the school is named after the patriarch of the Collins family, Newton Isaac Collins, a freed slave.
We encourage our stuents to follow the three main principles of the Newton Collins:
- One – in the Collins family girls and boys get the same opportunities.
- Two – every child must strive to achieve the highest level of education possible.
- Three – every child must learn to build a nest egg.
We are proud of our school's history and heritage.
Date Established: 2018
Our Official Mascot: Kangaroo
Our Official Color(s): Green and Purple
Our Mission: The mission of Newton Collins Elementary is to engage, empower and educate all students so that they become future leaders and life-long learners.
- Cultivate a respectful environment among students, staff, and families.
- Create a positive environment through kindness and applying the Golden Rule.
- Foster collaboration, teamwork, and accountability.
- Believe all students can learn and deserve the best instruction possible.
- Promote individuals becoming good citizens by ensuring high expectations for all.
Our Core Beliefs:
- We are kind.
- We are safe.
- We are leaders.
Please click here to view our Campus Improvement Plan.
Please click here for information about our Campus Advisory Team.